[Csnd-dev] Call for a windows expert

Date2019-08-12 09:56
FromJohn
Subject[Csnd-dev] Call for a windows expert
Appveyor seems to have stopped working.  Looking at the output this may
be csoundqt issue?

Start-FileDownload 'https://raw.githubusercontent.com/CsoundQt/CsoundQt/develop/images/qtcs.ico'
Downloading qtcs.ico (67,646 bytes)...100%
cd C:\projects\csound\
Specified build project file or folder does not exist: "msvc\csound-vs\Csound.sln"
APPVEYOR_SAVE_CACHE_ON_ERROR is set to 'true' - cache will be updated
Updating build cache...
Cache 'C:\Tools\vcpkg' - Up to date
Cache 'C:\projects\csound\msvc\cache' - Up to date

Could someone look and mend please?

==John ffitch

Date2019-08-12 12:27
Fromjohn
SubjectRe: [Csnd-dev] Call for a windows expert
Just extra information.  It seems to barf on linr 48 on appveyor.yml

build:
   parallel: true
   project: msvc\csound-vs\Csound.sln

The file mentioned in the project line does not exist

On Mon, 12 Aug 2019, John wrote:

> Appveyor seems to have stopped working.  Looking at the output this may
> be csoundqt issue?
>
> Start-FileDownload 'https://raw.githubusercontent.com/CsoundQt/CsoundQt/develop/images/qtcs.ico'
> Downloading qtcs.ico (67,646 bytes)...100%
> cd C:\projects\csound\
> Specified build project file or folder does not exist: "msvc\csound-vs\Csound.sln"
> APPVEYOR_SAVE_CACHE_ON_ERROR is set to 'true' - cache will be updated
> Updating build cache...
> Cache 'C:\Tools\vcpkg' - Up to date
> Cache 'C:\projects\csound\msvc\cache' - Up to date
>
> Could someone look and mend please?
>
> ==John ffitch

SubjectRe: [Csnd-dev] Call for a windows expert
The error seems to be from vcpkg not installing dependencies, which
causes cmake to fail to generate Csound.sln.

Your feedback is important to improve Vcpkg! Please take 3 minutes to
complete our survey by running: vcpkg contact --survey
The following packages will be built and installed:
eigen3[core]:x64-windows-static
fltk[core]:x64-windows-static
libflac[core]:x64-windows-static
* libjpeg-turbo[core]:x64-windows-static
libogg[core]:x64-windows-static
* libpng[core]:x64-windows-static
libsamplerate[core]:x64-windows-static
libsndfile[core,external-libs]:x64-windows-static
libvorbis[core]:x64-windows-static
zlib[core]:x64-windows-static
Additional packages (*) will be modified to complete this operation.
Starting package 1/10: zlib:x64-windows-static
Building package zlib[core]:x64-windows-static...
error checking existence of file
C:\projects\csound\msvc\deps\binC:\projects\csound\msvc\deps\\cmake.cmd:
The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect.

I haven't seen where the path is updated and assume it's in vcpkg. I
added a dir separator to the path in appveyor.yml to see if that would
be a hack fix for this situation.  Appveyor is building now and it's
gotten past that error, I guess we'll know in about 20-30 mins whether
this was enough to fix the build.