Csound Csound-dev Csound-tekno Search About

[Csnd-dev] How to send real-time events with strings to the API? (not csoundScoreEvent!)

Date2022-03-15 01:37
FromIain Duncan
Subject[Csnd-dev] How to send real-time events with strings to the API? (not csoundScoreEvent!)
Hi devs, I would like to be able to send my csound max object event lines like:

i 3 5 3600 "lfo3" 

csoundScoreEvent expects an array of MYFLT. I'm guessing that means for events with a string, I need to use csoundInputMessage, but if someone could verify that this is correct, that would be lovely.

And this begs the question, is there any disadvantage to csoundInputMessage? As in, should I do event parsing and then check if I need it, only using it for events that have a string argument? 

Any guidance much appreciated

Date2022-03-19 15:20
FromIain Duncan
SubjectRe: [Csnd-dev] How to send real-time events with strings to the API? (not csoundScoreEvent!)
Just wanted to follow up on this in case folks missed it. Is there any disadvantage to sending events as line events instead of arrays of MYFLT?

thanks
iain

On Mon, Mar 14, 2022 at 6:37 PM Iain Duncan <iainduncanlists@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi devs, I would like to be able to send my csound max object event lines like:

i 3 5 3600 "lfo3" 

csoundScoreEvent expects an array of MYFLT. I'm guessing that means for events with a string, I need to use csoundInputMessage, but if someone could verify that this is correct, that would be lovely.

And this begs the question, is there any disadvantage to csoundInputMessage? As in, should I do event parsing and then check if I need it, only using it for events that have a string argument? 

Any guidance much appreciated