[Csnd-dev] A windows problem

Date2018-09-19 15:11
FromJohn
Subject[Csnd-dev] A windows problem
This is already an issue on github but I suspect this list may be more
use(!)

It is reported that the manual example fprints.csd with csound
(v. 6.12) the file (my.sco) is generated under Linux and WIN7. The
generated file under Linux is as expected, but the file generated on
Windows is empty.

Looking at the code I note that the file is set to _IOLBF by setvbuf
and the flush is commented out in the opcode. Could it be that this
does not work on Windows? I do not have access to a recent Windows
computer to check.

Anyone have any thoughts?

Date2018-09-19 21:13
Fromjpff
SubjectRe: [Csnd-dev] A windows problem
Doing a netsearch I found a suggestion that MSVC does not like having the
last argument of setvbuf to be zero as suggested in gcc mn pages.  Can
anyone confirm rhat this is true, or false?  Thi may be a side effect of
the change from gcc to msvc.