[Csnd-dev] Emscripten Build Change

Subject[Csnd-dev] Emscripten Build Change
Hi All,

This is a heads up, I found that the newer Emscripten SDK changed some
things and did not define an EMSCRIPTEN variable. I updated the
build.sh script to use emconfigure with cmake which I think is the
right way to go now rather than try to manually set the toolchain.
The compiled WASM csound worked here with the examples page.

If you find any issues, please reply here.

Thanks,
Steven

SubjectRe: [Csnd-dev] Emscripten Build Change
Thanks for the update.

Best,
Mike

On Thu, Aug 1, 2019, 13:08 Steven Yi <stevenyi@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi All,

This is a heads up, I found that the newer Emscripten SDK changed some
things and did not define an EMSCRIPTEN variable. I updated the
build.sh script to use emconfigure with cmake which I think is the
right way to go now rather than try to manually set the toolchain.
The compiled WASM csound worked here with the examples page.

If you find any issues, please reply here.

Thanks,
Steven

SubjectRe: [Csnd-dev] Emscripten Build Change
What version of emscripten should I get for this to work?

Victor Lazzarini

> On 1 Aug 2019, at 18:08, Steven Yi  wrote:
>
> Hi All,
>
> This is a heads up, I found that the newer Emscripten SDK changed some
> things and did not define an EMSCRIPTEN variable. I updated the
> build.sh script to use emconfigure with cmake which I think is the
> right way to go now rather than try to manually set the toolchain.
> The compiled WASM csound worked here with the examples page.
>
> If you find any issues, please reply here.
>
> Thanks,
> Steven

SubjectRe: [Csnd-dev] Emscripten Build Change
I suspect it would work with older Emscripten as I think emconfigure
has been around a while, but I'm not certain. I installed and
activated "latest" which is using their newer fastcomp backend[1] and
shows up as 1.38.40.

[1] - https://emscripten.org/docs/building_from_source/LLVM-Backend.html