[Csnd-dev] WASM: NaN in output buffer

Date2017-08-04 12:53
FromHlöðver Sigurðsson
Subject[Csnd-dev] WASM: NaN in output buffer
I'm getting NaN's with csound-wasm, both by running locally wasm/minimal.html and in trough my clojurescript on Nodejs setup

Error message is on both platforms exacly the same
NaN! outputPointer = 6633640
Those NaN seem have their origin in CsoundObj_getOutputBuffer coming from Csound. I think this is platform independent so I'm curious if others are getting these errors too?

Best,
Hlöðver

Date2017-08-04 16:13
FromHlöðver Sigurðsson
SubjectRe: [Csnd-dev] WASM: NaN in output buffer
This happens on all examples with the newest wasm build, some regression happened here I guess.

On 4 August 2017 at 13:53, Hlöðver Sigurðsson <hlolli@gmail.com> wrote:
I'm getting NaN's with csound-wasm, both by running locally wasm/minimal.html and in trough my clojurescript on Nodejs setup

Error message is on both platforms exacly the same
NaN! outputPointer = 6633640
Those NaN seem have their origin in CsoundObj_getOutputBuffer coming from Csound. I think this is platform independent so I'm curious if others are getting these errors too?

Best,
Hlöðver

SubjectRe: [Csnd-dev] WASM: NaN in output buffer
it does not happen here at all.
Maybe it's the compiler? Emscripten had strange problems with NaNs before.

Victor Lazzarini

On 4 Aug 2017, at 16:14, Hlöðver Sigurðsson <hlolli@GMAIL.COM> wrote:

This happens on all examples with the newest wasm build, some regression happened here I guess.

On 4 August 2017 at 13:53, Hlöðver Sigurðsson <hlolli@gmail.com> wrote:
I'm getting NaN's with csound-wasm, both by running locally wasm/minimal.html and in trough my clojurescript on Nodejs setup

Error message is on both platforms exacly the same
NaN! outputPointer = 6633640
Those NaN seem have their origin in CsoundObj_getOutputBuffer coming from Csound. I think this is platform independent so I'm curious if others are getting these errors too?

Best,
Hlöðver

Date2017-08-04 16:27
FromHlöðver Sigurðsson
SubjectRe: [Csnd-dev] WASM: NaN in output buffer
I try now updating emscripten from 1.37.16 to 1.37.18 (will take a while I guess).

On 4 August 2017 at 17:21, Victor Lazzarini <Victor.Lazzarini@mu.ie> wrote:
[...]

or it could be the browser. I am running chrome 59 here. Did you try firefox?
Maynooth University,
Maynooth, Co Kildare, Ireland
Tel: 00 353 7086936
Fax: 00 353 1 7086952

> On 4 Aug 2017, at 16:27, Hlöðver Sigurðsson  wrote:
>
> I try now updating emscripten from 1.37.16 to 1.37.18 (will take a while I guess).
>
> On 4 August 2017 at 17:21, Victor Lazzarini  wrote:
> it does not happen here at all.
> Maybe it's the compiler? Emscripten had strange problems with NaNs before.
>
> Victor Lazzarini
>
> On 4 Aug 2017, at 16:14, Hlöðver Sigurðsson  wrote:
>
>> This happens on all examples with the newest wasm build, some regression happened here I guess.
>>
>> On 4 August 2017 at 13:53, Hlöðver Sigurðsson  wrote:
>> I'm getting NaN's with csound-wasm, both by running locally wasm/minimal.html and in trough my clojurescript on Nodejs setup
>>
>> Error message is on both platforms exacly the same
>> NaN! outputPointer = 6633640
>> Those NaN seem have their origin in CsoundObj_getOutputBuffer coming from Csound. I think this is platform independent so I'm curious if others are getting these errors too?
>>
>> Best

Date2017-08-04 16:40
FromHlöðver Sigurðsson
SubjectRe: [Csnd-dev] WASM: NaN in output buffer
Tried Node/Firefox too, I tried the wasm examples hosted online on github.csound.io, and I served it locally, and it works in the csound online examples but not locally with with builds (on same browser).

On 4 August 2017 at 17:29, Victor Lazzarini <Victor.Lazzarini@mu.ie> wrote:
or it could be the browser. I am running chrome 59 here. Did you try firefox?
Maynooth University,
Maynooth, Co Kildare, Ireland
Tel: 00 353 7086936
Fax: 00 353 1 7086952

> On 4 Aug 2017, at 16:27, Hlöðver Sigurðsson <hlolli@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I try now updating emscripten from 1.37.16 to 1.37.18 (will take a while I guess).
>
> On 4 August 2017 at 17:21, Victor Lazzarini <Victor.Lazzarini@mu.ie> wrote:
> it does not happen here at all.
> Maybe it's the compiler? Emscripten had strange problems with NaNs before.
>
> Victor Lazzarini
>
> On 4 Aug 2017, at 16:14, Hlöðver Sigurðsson <hlolli@GMAIL.COM> wrote:
>
>> This happens on all examples with the newest wasm build, some regression happened here I guess.
>>
>> On 4 August 2017 at 13:53, Hlöðver Sigurðsson <hlolli@gmail.com> wrote:
>> I'm getting NaN's with csound-wasm, both by running locally wasm/minimal.html and in trough my clojurescript on Nodejs setup
>>
>> Error message is on both platforms exacly the same
>> NaN! outputPointer = 6633640
>> Those NaN seem have their origin in CsoundObj_getOutputBuffer coming from Csound. I think this is platform independent so I'm curious if others are getting these errors too?
>>
>> Best,
>> Hlöðver

SubjectRe: [Csnd-dev] WASM: NaN in output buffer
It could be the compiler then.
Maynooth University,
Maynooth, Co Kildare, Ireland
Tel: 00 353 7086936
Fax: 00 353 1 7086952

> On 4 Aug 2017, at 16:40, Hlöðver Sigurðsson  wrote:
>
> Tried Node/Firefox too, I tried the wasm examples hosted online on github.csound.io, and I served it locally, and it works in the csound online examples but not locally with with builds (on same browser).
>
> On 4 August 2017 at 17:29, Victor Lazzarini  wrote:
> or it could be the browser. I am running chrome 59 here. Did you try firefox?
> ========================
> Maynooth University,
> Maynooth, Co Kildare, Ireland
> Tel: 00 353 7086936
> Fax: 00 353 1 7086952
>
> > On 4 Aug 2017, at 16:27, Hlöðver Sigurðsson  wrote:
> >
> > I try now updating emscripten from 1.37.16 to 1.37.18 (will take a while I guess).
> >
> > On 4 August 2017 at 17:21, Victor Lazzarini  wrote:
> > it does not happen here at all.
> > Maybe it's the compiler? Emscripten had strange problems with NaNs before.
> >
> > Victor Lazzarini
> > Dean of Arts, Celtic Studies, and Philosophy
> > Maynooth University
> > Ireland
> >
> > On 4 Aug 2017, at 16:14, Hlöðver Sigurðsson  wrote:
> >
> >> This happens on all examples with the newest wasm build, some regression happened here I guess.
> >>
> >> On 4 August 2017 at 13:53, Hlöðver Sigurðsson  wrote:
> >> I'm getting NaN's with csound-wasm, both by running locally wasm/minimal.html and in trough my clojurescript on Nodejs setup
> >>
> >> Error message is on both platforms exacly the same
> >> NaN! outputPointer = 6633640
> >> Those NaN seem have their origin in CsoundObj_getOutputBuffer coming from Csound. I think this is platform independent so I'm curious if others are getting these errors too?
> >>
> >> Best,
> >> Hlöðver

SubjectRe: [Csnd-dev] WASM: NaN in output buffer
I have this one here (older?)

victor$ emcc --version
emcc (Emscripten gcc/clang-like replacement) 1.37.9 ()

Maynooth University,
Maynooth, Co Kildare, Ireland
Tel: 00 353 7086936
Fax: 00 353 1 7086952

> On 4 Aug 2017, at 16:45, Victor Lazzarini  wrote:
>
> [This sender failed our fraud detection checks and may not be who they appear to be. Learn about spoofing at http://aka.ms/LearnAboutSpoofing]
>
> It could be the compiler then.
> ========================
> Maynooth University,
> Maynooth, Co Kildare, Ireland
> Tel: 00 353 7086936
> Fax: 00 353 1 7086952
>
>> On 4 Aug 2017, at 16:40, Hlöðver Sigurðsson  wrote:
>>
>> Tried Node/Firefox too, I tried the wasm examples hosted online on github.csound.io, and I served it locally, and it works in the csound online examples but not locally with with builds (on same browser).
>>
>> On 4 August 2017 at 17:29, Victor Lazzarini  wrote:
>> or it could be the browser. I am running chrome 59 here. Did you try firefox?
>> ========================
>> Prof. Victor Lazzarini
>> Dean of Arts, Celtic Studies, and Philosophy,
>> Maynooth University,
>> Maynooth, Co Kildare, Ireland
>> Tel: 00 353 7086936
>> Fax: 00 353 1 7086952
>>
>>> On 4 Aug 2017, at 16:27, Hlöðver Sigurðsson  wrote:
>>>
>>> I try now updating emscripten from 1.37.16 to 1.37.18 (will take a while I guess).
>>>
>>> On 4 August 2017 at 17:21, Victor Lazzarini  wrote:
>>> it does not happen here at all.
>>> Maybe it's the compiler? Emscripten had strange problems with NaNs before.
>>>
>>> Victor Lazzarini
>>> Dean of Arts, Celtic Studies, and Philosophy
>>> Maynooth University
>>> Ireland

Date2017-08-04 16:50
ok, https://github.com/kripken/emscripten/releases you're on an older version. Well, guess it would make sense you tried out too to update :) ?

On 4 August 2017 at 17:46, Victor Lazzarini <Victor.Lazzarini@mu.ie> wrote:
I have this one here (older?)

victor$ emcc --version
emcc (Emscripten gcc/clang-like replacement) 1.37.9 ()

Maynooth University,
Maynooth, Co Kildare, Ireland
Tel: 00 353 7086936
Fax: 00 353 1 7086952

> On 4 Aug 2017, at 16:45, Victor Lazzarini <Victor.Lazzarini@MU.IE> wrote:
>
> [This sender failed our fraud detection checks and may not be who they appear to be. Learn about spoofing at http://aka.ms/LearnAboutSpoofing]
>
> It could be the compiler then.
> ========================
> Maynooth University,
> Maynooth, Co Kildare, Ireland
> Tel: 00 353 7086936
> Fax: 00 353 1 7086952
>
>> On 4 Aug 2017, at 16:40, Hlöðver Sigurðsson <hlolli@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Tried Node/Firefox too, I tried the wasm examples hosted online on github.csound.io, and I served it locally, and it works in the csound online examples but not locally with with builds (on same browser).
>>
>> On 4 August 2017 at 17:29, Victor Lazzarini <Victor.Lazzarini@mu.ie> wrote:
>> or it could be the browser. I am running chrome 59 here. Did you try firefox?
>> ========================
>> Prof. Victor Lazzarini
>> Dean of Arts, Celtic Studies, and Philosophy,
>> Maynooth University,
>> Maynooth, Co Kildare, Ireland
>> Tel: 00 353 7086936
>> Fax: 00 353 1 7086952
>>
>>> On 4 Aug 2017, at 16:27, Hlöðver Sigurðsson <hlolli@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> I try now updating emscripten from 1.37.16 to 1.37.18 (will take a while I guess).
>>>
>>> On 4 August 2017 at 17:21, Victor Lazzarini <Victor.Lazzarini@mu.ie> wrote:
>>> it does not happen here at all.
>>> Maybe it's the compiler? Emscripten had strange problems with NaNs before.
>>>
>>> Victor Lazzarini
>>> Dean of Arts, Celtic Studies, and Philosophy
>>> Maynooth University
>>> Ireland

SubjectRe: [Csnd-dev] WASM: NaN in output buffer
Not if it’s going to create bad builds… it’s working now, so I am not too keen on breaking it.
Maynooth University,
Maynooth, Co Kildare, Ireland
Tel: 00 353 7086936
Fax: 00 353 1 7086952

> On 4 Aug 2017, at 16:50, Hlöðver Sigurðsson  wrote:
>
> ok, https://github.com/kripken/emscripten/releases you're on an older version. Well, guess it would make sense you tried out too to update :) ?
>
> On 4 August 2017 at 17:46, Victor Lazzarini  wrote:
> I have this one here (older?)
>
> victor$ emcc --version
> emcc (Emscripten gcc/clang-like replacement) 1.37.9 ()
>

> ========================
> Maynooth University,
> Maynooth, Co Kildare, Ireland
> Tel: 00 353 7086936
> Fax: 00 353 1 7086952
>
> > On 4 Aug 2017, at 16:45, Victor Lazzarini  wrote:
> >
> > [This sender failed our fraud detection checks and may not be who they appear to be. Learn about spoofing at http://aka.ms/LearnAboutSpoofing]
> >
> > It could be the compiler then.
> > ========================
> > Prof. Victor Lazzarini
> > Dean of Arts, Celtic Studies, and Philosophy,
> > Maynooth University,
> > Maynooth, Co Kildare, Ireland
> > Tel: 00 353 7086936
> > Fax: 00 353 1 7086952
> >
> >> On 4 Aug 2017, at 16:40, Hlöðver Sigurðsson  wrote:
> >>
> >> Tried Node/Firefox too, I tried the wasm examples hosted online on github.csound.io, and I served it locally, and it works in the csound online examples but not locally with with builds (on same browser).
> >>
> >> On 4 August 2017 at 17:29, Victor Lazzarini  wrote:
> >> or it could be the browser. I am running chrome 59 here. Did you try firefox?
> >> ========================
> >> Prof. Victor Lazzarini
> >> Dean of Arts, Celtic Studies, and Philosophy,
> >> Maynooth University,
> >> Maynooth, Co Kildare, Ireland
> >> Tel: 00 353 7086936
> >> Fax: 00 353 1 7086952

SubjectRe: [Csnd-dev] WASM: NaN in output buffer
Actually the version I have is the latest released binary. You might want to use it instead of tagged git releases.
It’s probably safer.
Maynooth University,
Maynooth, Co Kildare, Ireland
Tel: 00 353 7086936
Fax: 00 353 1 7086952

> On 4 Aug 2017, at 16:55, Victor Lazzarini  wrote:
>
> [This sender failed our fraud detection checks and may not be who they appear to be. Learn about spoofing at http://aka.ms/LearnAboutSpoofing]
>
> Not if it’s going to create bad builds… it’s working now, so I am not too keen on breaking it.
> ========================
> Maynooth University,
> Maynooth, Co Kildare, Ireland
> Tel: 00 353 7086936
> Fax: 00 353 1 7086952
>
>> On 4 Aug 2017, at 16:50, Hlöðver Sigurðsson  wrote:
>>
>> ok, https://github.com/kripken/emscripten/releases you're on an older version. Well, guess it would make sense you tried out too to update :) ?
>>
>> On 4 August 2017 at 17:46, Victor Lazzarini  wrote:
>> I have this one here (older?)
>>
>> victor$ emcc --version
>> emcc (Emscripten gcc/clang-like replacement) 1.37.9 ()
>>

>> ========================
>> Prof. Victor Lazzarini
>> Dean of Arts, Celtic Studies, and Philosophy,
>> Maynooth University,
>> Maynooth, Co Kildare, Ireland
>> Tel: 00 353 7086936
>> Fax: 00 353 1 7086952
>>
>>> On 4 Aug 2017, at 16:45, Victor Lazzarini  wrote:
>>>
>>> [This sender failed our fraud detection checks and may not be who they appear to be. Learn about spoofing at http://aka.ms/LearnAboutSpoofing]
>>>
>>> It could be the compiler then.
>>> ========================
>>> Prof. Victor Lazzarini
>>> Dean of Arts, Celtic Studies, and Philosophy,
>>> Maynooth University,
>>> Maynooth, Co Kildare, Ireland
>>> Tel: 00 353 7086936
>>> Fax: 00 353 1 7086952

Date2017-08-04 17:06
FromHlöðver Sigurðsson
SubjectRe: [Csnd-dev] WASM: NaN in output buffer
Ok good point, 30% left of this build, roll back to 1.37.9 if the latest is also causing problems.