Re: [Csnd-dev] OENTRY character for single opcode argument of any type

Date2016-12-19 17:01
FromNate Whetsell
SubjectRe: [Csnd-dev] OENTRY character for single opcode argument of any type
Use . for a required argument of any type, and ? for an optional argument of any type. (It’s unofficial, but https://github.com/nwhetsell/csound-api#NewOpcodeList has a pretty complete list of the meanings of characters used in type signatures, and https://github.com/nwhetsell/language-csound/blob/5f55bcecf31f57472b2cb2e509445f6600d3a1e1/resources/update-opcode-completions.js#L153 has the same list, but in an order that’s maybe a little easier to use when trying to determine what’s av

Date2016-12-19 17:05
FromEd Costello
SubjectRe: [Csnd-dev] OENTRY character for single opcode argument of any type
Thanks a million, that csound-api list is also a very good resource,
Cheers
Ed

On 19 December 2016 at 17:01, Nate Whetsell <nathan.whetsell@gmail.com> wrote:
Use . for a required argument of any type, and ? for an optional argument of any type. (It’s unofficial, but https://github.com/nwhetsell/csound-api#NewOpcodeList has a pretty complete list of the meanings of characters used in type signatures, and https://github.com/nwhetsell/language-csound/blob/5f55bcecf31f57472b2cb2e509445f6600d3a1e1/resources/update-opcode-completions.js#L153 has the same list, but in an order that’s maybe a little easier to use when trying to determine what’s available.)

SubjectRe: [Csnd-dev] OENTRY character for single opcode argument of any type
Shouldn't we mention this project in the csound.github.io? Maybe also a news item.

Victor Lazzarini

> On 19 Dec 2016, at 17:01, Nate Whetsell  wrote:
>
> Use . for a required argument of any type, and ? for an optional argument of any type. (It’s unofficial, but https://github.com/nwhetsell/csound-api#NewOpcodeList has a pretty complete list of the meanings of characters used in type signatures, and https://github.com/nwhetsell/language-csound/blob/5f55bcecf31f57472b2cb2e509445f6600d3a1e1/resources/update-opcode-completions.js#L153 has the same list, but in an order that’s maybe a little eas

Date2016-12-19 17:27
FromEd Costello
SubjectRe: [Csnd-dev] OENTRY character for single opcode argument of any type
Yeah that looks like a really great project, would that make it easy to incorporate Csound into an Electron application for instance?
Ed