[Csnd-dev] Wrap up 6.10, new constant pool change

Subject[Csnd-dev] Wrap up 6.10, new constant pool change
Hi All,

Just FYI, I introduced a new change yesterday that reimplements the
constant pool using a hash table instead of an array-based data
structure. I had discovered some problems in a live coding context
and, with John and Victor's help, we found the core issue having to do
with orchestra code re-evaluations and merging of the constant pool.
The new implementation fixed the immediate issue, but I believe it
also fixes some longstanding issues with recompilation that could be
the source of random crashes, odd calculations (like NaN's appearing
in JS or out of range errors in terminal), and the like.  Initial
testing shows good behavior, but getting testing from others doing
live coding or anything where orc code gets re-evaluated would be
great.

Other than that, it seems like 6.10 is just about ready. Things seem
much more stable now since where we were at the Csound Conference, at
least from what I'm seeing here. I haven't tested the AppVeyor build
in a couple weeks, but I am using a local Visual Studio build
full-time locally for music work and things feel pretty good.

For the release, what is left?  I think CsoundQt 0.9.5 is now released
as stable and we can package that with 6.10 on Windows and OSX.  Other
than that, is there any other things we are waiting on?  For myself, I
think the Emscripten builds are working well. I will do a build and
some testing of Android tomorrow.

Can we perhaps pick a final 6.10 release date for this week?  Perhaps
we can target Wednesday or Friday?

Thanks!

SubjectRe: [Csnd-dev] Wrap up 6.10, new constant pool change
What android studio version are you using (not NDK version)?

Best,
Mike

On Dec 3, 2017 3:21 PM, "Steven Yi" <stevenyi@gmail.com> wrote:
[...]

steven

SubjectRe: [Csnd-dev] Wrap up 6.10, new constant pool change
I checked and I have Android Studio 2.3.2 installed. Since 3.0.1 is
latest in stable release channel, I'm going to upgrade to that now.