[Csnd-dev] WASM: Modified to 256mb

Subject[Csnd-dev] WASM: Modified to 256mb
Hi All,

Just FYI, I modified the WASM build to 256mb TOTAL_MEMORY.  I haven't
done a long live code session with it but it passed my initial hold
down ctrl-e and re-eval many times test.  I modified this from 512 to
256 as I noticed this morning that live.csound.com would not load on
my Android cell phone. (Sidenote: I found that there are "Hacker"
keyboards in the Play Store that have ctrl,alt, and other keys
available, which makes it possible to run live.csound.com without
external keyboard.)

Thanks!

SubjectRe: [Csnd-dev] WASM: Modified to 256mb
Is it possible to make this a function of the platform?

Victor Lazzarini

On 27 Oct 2017, at 16:14, Steven Yi <stevenyi@GMAIL.COM> wrote:

Hi All,

Just FYI, I modified the WASM build to 256mb TOTAL_MEMORY.  I haven't
done a long live code session with it but it passed my initial hold
down ctrl-e and re-eval many times test.  I modified this from 512 to
256 as I noticed this morning that live.csound.com would not load on
my Android cell phone. (Sidenote: I found that there are "Hacker"
keyboards in the Play Store that have ctrl,alt, and other keys
available, which makes it possible to run live.csound.com without
external keyboard.)

Thanks!
steven

SubjectRe: [Csnd-dev] WASM: Modified to 256mb
I think with the generated wasm loader (libcsound.js), one can
override the value by assigning a value for Module['TOTAL_MEMORY]. The
code has:

var TOTAL_MEMORY = Module['TOTAL_MEMORY'] || 268435456;

I do the overriding thing in:

https://github.com/kunstmusik/csound-live-code/blob/master/web/cslivecode.js#L93-L97

for some callbacks before loading libcsound.js.