[Csnd-dev] A question on included header files compiling a Csound Plugin

Date2019-02-17 19:12
FromOscar Pablo Di Liscia
Subject[Csnd-dev] A question on included header files compiling a Csound Plugin
Hello.
I´m writing a Csound Plugin and I need to include the file stdopcod.h, because
it holds a lot of data types definitions I use.
But stdopcod.h, in turn, also includes csoundCore.h, and compiling my
code I got the error message
"Csound Plugins can´t include csoundCore.h".
So, I included instead an "ad hoc" copy of stdopcod.h where I ommited
the inclusion of csoundCore.h.
Now the code compiles and works well.
But I wonder whether this is the proper way I should use to overcome
the issue, or if
there is a better way.
Many thanks.
Pablo

--
Dr. Oscar Pablo Di Liscia
Profesor Titular

Date2019-02-17 19:46
Fromjohn
SubjectRe: [Csnd-dev] A question on included header files compiling a Csound Plugin
What do you need from nstdopcod.h?  I see noting there needed in a pugin

On Sun, 17 Feb 2019, Oscar Pablo Di Liscia wrote:

> Hello.
> I´m writing a Csound Plugin and I need to include the file stdopcod.h, because
> it holds a lot of data types definitions I use.
> But stdopcod.h, in turn, also includes csoundCore.h, and compiling my
> code I got the error message
> "Csound Plugins can´t include csoundCore.h".
> So, I included instead an "ad hoc" copy of stdopcod.h where I ommited
> the inclusion of csoundCore.h.
> Now the code compiles and works well.
> But I wonder whether this is the proper way I should use to overcome
> the issue, or if
> there is a better way.
> Many thanks.
> Pablo
>
> --
> Dr. Oscar Pablo Di Liscia
> Profesor Titular
> Director Programa de Investigación "Sistemas Temporales y Síntesis
> Espacial en el Arte Sonoro"
> http://stseas.web.unq.edu.ar/
> Director Colección Editorial "Música y Ciencia"
> Escuela Universitaria de Artes
> Universidad Nacional de Quilmes
> Argentina

Date2019-02-17 19:59
FromOscar Pablo Di Liscia
SubjectRe: [Csnd-dev] A question on included header files compiling a Csound Plugin
Thanks for your quick answer John.
The issue was solved. I should have included "csdl.h" instead of
stdopcod.h as I did.
It is clearly stated in Lazzarini´s examples, and I missed.
Apologies for the question, it´s the first time I wrote a Csound Plugin.
:)
Pablo