[Csnd-dev] Travis Failing

Subject[Csnd-dev] Travis Failing
Hi All,

I saw that Travis is failing.  It looks like from here:

https://travis-ci.org/csound/csound/builds

Failures started with a merge commit from Michael, but that initial
failure looks corrected a few commits later and then further failures
look unrelated to what was going on in those commits.  The last few
failures all due to tests 2 and 5:

https://travis-ci.org/csound/csound/builds/249593948#L4745-L4777

I built just now on Ubuntu (well, under Bash on Ubuntu on Windows) and
I get failures with test 4,7, and 9:

The following tests FAILED:
          4 - testCsoundOrcCompileTest (Failed)
          7 - testIo (Failed)
          9 - testPerfThread (Failed)

This is Ubuntu 16.04 under Windows, which I'm not sure is a good test.
In a Debian VM I have here, I rebuilt with latest from develop and ran
tests with all succeeding.  I think Travis is Ubuntu 14.04.

Anyone have ideas what's going on with Travis?

Date2017-07-04 00:36
FromJohn ff
SubjectRe: [Csnd-dev] Travis Failing
Tests all run for me

Sent from TypeApp
On 4 Jul 2017, at 00:02, Steven Yi <stevenyi@GMAIL.COM> wrote:
[...]

steven

SubjectRe: [Csnd-dev] Travis Failing
Yes, it's odd. I ran all tests under MSYS2 build here too without
problem. On the other hand Appveyor build for Visual Studio failed on
the Pull Request Ed put in.  Things seem a bit of a mess.

On Mon, Jul 3, 2017 at 7:36 PM, John ff  wrote:
> Tests all run for me
>
> Sent from TypeApp
> On 4 Jul 2017, at 00:02, Steven Yi  wrote:
>>
>> Hi All,
>>
>> I saw that Travis is failing.  It looks like from here:
>>
>> https://travis-ci.org/csound/csound/builds
>>
>> Failures started with a merge commit from Michael, but that initial
>> failure looks corrected a few commits later and then further failures
>> look unrelated to what was going on in those commits.  The last few
>> failures all due to tests 2 and 5:
>>
>> https://travis-ci.org/csound/csound/builds/249593948#L4745-L4777
>>
>> I built just now on Ubuntu (well, under Bash on Ubuntu on Windows) and
>> I get failures with test 4,7, and 9:
>>
>> The following tests FAILED:
>>           4 - testCsoundOrcCompileTest (Failed)
>>           7 - testIo (Failed)
>>           9 - testPerfThread (Failed)
>>
>> This is Ubuntu 16.04 under Windows, which I'm not sure is a good test.
>> In a Debian VM I have here, I rebuilt with latest from develop and ran
>> tests with all succeeding.  I think Travis is Ubuntu 14.04.
>>
>> Anyone have ideas what's going on with Travis?

SubjectRe: [Csnd-dev] Travis Failing
All tests passing here, but CsoundAC will not build. I’ve switched this off to test.
Maynooth University,
Maynooth, Co Kildare, Ireland
Tel: 00 353 7086936
Fax: 00 353 1 7086952

> On 4 Jul 2017, at 02:18, Steven Yi  wrote:
>
> Yes, it's odd. I ran all tests under MSYS2 build here too without
> problem. On the other hand Appveyor build for Visual Studio failed on
> the Pull Request Ed put in.  Things seem a bit of a mess.
>
> On Mon, Jul 3, 2017 at 7:36 PM, John ff  wrote:
>> Tests all run for me
>>
>> Sent from TypeApp
>> On 4 Jul 2017, at 00:02, Steven Yi  wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi All,
>>>
>>> I saw that Travis is failing.  It looks like from here:
>>>
>>> https://travis-ci.org/csound/csound/builds
>>>
>>> Failures started with a merge commit from Michael, but that initial
>>> failure looks corrected a few commits later and then further failures
>>> look unrelated to what was going on in those commits.  The last few
>>> failures all due to tests 2 and 5:
>>>
>>> https://travis-ci.org/csound/csound/builds/249593948#L4745-L4777
>>>
>>> I built just now on Ubuntu (well, under Bash on Ubuntu on Windows) and
>>> I get failures with test 4,7, and 9:
>>>
>>> The following tests FAILED:
>>>          4 - testCsoundOrcCompileTest (Failed)
>>>          7 - testIo (Failed)
>>>          9 - testPerfThread (Failed)
>>>
>>> This is Ubuntu 16.04 under Windows, which I'm not sure is a good test.
>>> In a Debian VM I have here, I rebuilt with latest from develop and ran
>>> tests with all succeeding.  I think Travis is Ubuntu 14.04.
>>>
>>> Anyone have ideas what's going on with Travis?
>>>
>>> steven

SubjectRe: [Csnd-dev] Travis Failing
I’ve noticed this: https://blog.travis-ci.com/2017-06-21-trusty-updates-2017-Q2-launch

and tried to follow it. Let’s see.
Maynooth University,
Maynooth, Co Kildare, Ireland
Tel: 00 353 7086936
Fax: 00 353 1 7086952

> On 4 Jul 2017, at 11:48, Victor Lazzarini  wrote:
>
> All tests passing here, but CsoundAC will not build. I’ve switched this off to test.
> ========================
> Maynooth University,
> Maynooth, Co Kildare, Ireland
> Tel: 00 353 7086936
> Fax: 00 353 1 7086952
>
>> On 4 Jul 2017, at 02:18, Steven Yi  wrote:
>>
>> Yes, it's odd. I ran all tests under MSYS2 build here too without
>> problem. On the other hand Appveyor build for Visual Studio failed on
>> the Pull Request Ed put in.  Things seem a bit of a mess.
>>
>> On Mon, Jul 3, 2017 at 7:36 PM, John ff  wrote:
>>> Tests all run for me
>>>
>>> Sent from TypeApp

SubjectRe: [Csnd-dev] Travis Failing
Seems to have worked (thanks!) but it feels a bit odd that it'd fail
in the first place. Guess it's fine enough to move on for now. :)