[Csnd-dev] Creating a table through API

Date2018-01-04 19:49
FromAlex Weiss
Subject[Csnd-dev] Creating a table through API
Hi list,

Is there a way to create a table programmatically through the API? I couldn't find anything in the documentation.

Thanks,
Alex

SubjectRe: [Csnd-dev] Creating a table through API
You can always send an "f" statement through csoundInputMessage or
csoundReadScore.

Regards,

On Thu, Jan 4, 2018 at 2:49 PM, Alex Weiss  wrote:
> Hi list,
>
> Is there a way to create a table programmatically through the API? I
> couldn't find anything in the documentation.
>
> Thanks,

SubjectRe: [Csnd-dev] Creating a table through API
yes, that is the way to do it.

Victor Lazzarini

On Thu, Jan 4, 2018 at 2:49 PM, Alex Weiss <alexweiss86@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi list,

Is there a way to create a table programmatically through the API? I
couldn't find anything in the documentation.

Thanks,
Alex

SubjectRe: [Csnd-dev] Creating a table through API
Plus, once you have created a table of a specified size, you can
replace the created elements with elements that you compute in the
host, using the API. I think this is what you were looking for.

Regards,

On Thu, Jan 4, 2018 at 3:06 PM, Victor Lazzarini  wrote:
> yes, that is the way to do it.
>
> Victor Lazzarini
>
> On 4 Jan 2018, at 20:04, Michael Gogins  wrote:
>
> You can always send an "f" statement through csoundInputMessage or
> csoundReadScore.
>
> Regards,
> Mike

> Michael Gogins
> Irreducible Productions
> http://michaelgogins.tumblr.com
> Michael dot Gogins at gmail dot com
>

> On Thu, Jan 4, 2018 at 2:49 PM, Alex Weiss  wrote:
>
> Hi list,
>

> Is there a way to create a table programmatically through the API? I
>
> couldn't find anything in the documentation.
>

> Thanks,

Date2018-01-04 20:34
FromAlex Weiss
SubjectRe: [Csnd-dev] Creating a table through API
Perfect, that's exactly what I need. Is there also a way to delete a table that way?

Thanks,
Alex

On Thu, Jan 4, 2018 at 3:06 PM, Victor Lazzarini <Victor.Lazzarini@mu.ie> wrote:
> yes, that is the way to do it.
>
> Victor Lazzarini
>
> On 4 Jan 2018, at 20:04, Michael Gogins <michael.gogins@GMAIL.COM> wrote:
>
> You can always send an "f" statement through csoundInputMessage or
> csoundReadScore.
>
> Regards,
> Mike

> Michael Gogins
> Irreducible Productions
> http://michaelgogins.tumblr.com
> Michael dot Gogins at gmail dot com
>

> On Thu, Jan 4, 2018 at 2:49 PM, Alex Weiss <alexweiss86@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi list,
>

> Is there a way to create a table programmatically through the API? I
>
> couldn't find anything in the documentation.
>

> Thanks,
>
> Alex

SubjectRe: [Csnd-dev] Creating a table through API
you don’t need to delete a table, by creating one with the same number, you replace it.

Victor Lazzarini

On 4 Jan 2018, at 20:34, Alex Weiss <alexweiss86@GMAIL.COM> wrote:

Perfect, that's exactly what I need. Is there also a way to delete a table that way?

Thanks,
Alex

On Thu, Jan 4, 2018 at 9:09 PM Michael Gogins <michael.gogins@gmail.com> wrote:
Plus, once you have created a table of a specified size, you can
replace the created elements with elements that you compute in the
host, using the API. I think this is what you were looking for.

Regards,

On Thu, Jan 4, 2018 at 3:06 PM, Victor Lazzarini <Victor.Lazzarini@mu.ie> wrote:
> yes, that is the way to do it.
>
> Victor Lazzarini
>
> On 4 Jan 2018, at 20:04, Michael Gogins <michael.gogins@GMAIL.COM> wrote:
>
> You can always send an "f" statement through csoundInputMessage or
> csoundReadScore.
>
> Regards,
> Mike

> Michael Gogins
> Irreducible Productions
> http://michaelgogins.tumblr.com
> Michael dot Gogins at gmail dot com
>

> On Thu, Jan 4, 2018 at 2:49 PM, Alex Weiss <alexweiss86@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi list,
>

> Is there a way to create a table programmatically through the API? I
>
> couldn't find anything in the documentation.
>

> Thanks,
>
> Alex

Date2018-01-04 20:40
FromAlex Weiss
SubjectRe: [Csnd-dev] Creating a table through API
Oh, I didn't know that! So the memory of the old table is freed when I create a new one with the same number?

On Thu, Jan 4, 2018 at 9:39 PM Victor Lazzarini <Victor.Lazzarini@mu.ie> wrote:
you don’t need to delete a table, by creating one with the same number, you replace it.

Victor Lazzarini

On 4 Jan 2018, at 20:34, Alex Weiss <alexweiss86@GMAIL.COM> wrote:

Perfect, that's exactly what I need. Is there also a way to delete a table that way?

Thanks,
Alex

On Thu, Jan 4, 2018 at 9:09 PM Michael Gogins <michael.gogins@gmail.com> wrote:
Plus, once you have created a table of a specified size, you can
replace the created elements with elements that you compute in the
host, using the API. I think this is what you were looking for.

Regards,

On Thu, Jan 4, 2018 at 3:06 PM, Victor Lazzarini <Victor.Lazzarini@mu.ie> wrote:
> yes, that is the way to do it.
>
> Victor Lazzarini
>
> On 4 Jan 2018, at 20:04, Michael Gogins <michael.gogins@GMAIL.COM> wrote:
>
> You can always send an "f" statement through csoundInputMessage or
> csoundReadScore.
>
> Regards,
> Mike

> Michael Gogins
> Irreducible Productions
> http://michaelgogins.tumblr.com
> Michael dot Gogins at gmail dot com
>

> On Thu, Jan 4, 2018 at 2:49 PM, Alex Weiss <alexweiss86@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi list,
>

> Is there a way to create a table programmatically through the API? I
>
> couldn't find anything in the documentation.
>

> Thanks,
>
> Alex

SubjectRe: [Csnd-dev] Creating a table through API
not always, only if the table space is not enough, then it’s reallocated. Otherwise it’s just reused.

Victor Lazzarini