[Csnd-dev] csd2dcbook/csd2docbook2

Date2016-11-06 15:19
Fromjpff
Subject[Csnd-dev] csd2dcbook/csd2docbook2
I notice that csd2docbook now wraps the xml in
... but csd2docbook2 does not do the same?  And if
so which?

SubjectRe: [Csnd-dev] csd2dcbook/csd2docbook2
csd2docbook is current as it uses csnd6.

Best,

On Sun, Nov 6, 2016 at 10:19 AM, jpff  wrote:
> I notice that csd2docbook now wraps the xml in
> ... but csd2docbook2 does not do the same?  And if
> so which?

Date2016-11-06 16:24
FromFrancois PINOT
SubjectRe: [Csnd-dev] csd2dcbook/csd2docbook2
<refsect1>...</refsect1> was added by Michael (commit 9511487335720d0145b0330455d31faa9c1262a7)

I suppose it has to do with the formatting needed for playing examples in Google Chrome with PNaCl enabled...

csd2docbook2.py uses a fixed opcode list from a txt file, while csd2docbook.py generates dynamically this list using the API. I think we could declare csd2docbook2.py as deprecated because it's better to have an opcode list generated from the last compiled version of Csound found on the user's system.

Actually, csd2docbook.py uses csnd6 which means that it needs Python 2.x to run. If people agree, I can modify it to use ctcsound instead of csnd6 and adapt it to run with Python 3.x or Python 2.x as well.

François

I notice that csd2docbook now wraps the xml in
<refsect1>...</refsect1> but csd2docbook2 does not do the same?  And if
so which?

==John ffitch

Date2016-11-06 16:35
Fromjpff
SubjectRe: [Csnd-dev] csd2dcbook/csd2docbook2
I never use csd2docbook as it requires an installed csound which is very
inconvenient for development.  I always use csd2docbook2.py for that
reason; please if it is removed I need an alternative.

I do not understand the differences between pythons; python --version says 2.7

On Sun, 6 Nov 2016, Francois PINOT wrote:

> ... was added by Michael (commit
> 9511487335720d0145b0330455d31faa9c1262a7)
>
> I suppose it has to do with the formatting needed for playing examples in
> Google Chrome with PNaCl enabled...
>
> csd2docbook2.py uses a fixed opcode list from a txt file, while csd2docbook.py
> generates dynamically this list using the API. I think we could declare
> csd2docbook2.py as deprecated because it's better to have an opcode list
> generated from the last compiled version of Csound found on the user's system.
>
> Actually, csd2docbook.py uses csnd6 which means that it needs Python 2.x to
> run. If people agree, I can modify it to use ctcsound instead of csnd6 and
> adapt it to run with Python 3.x or Python 2.x as well.
>
> François

>       I notice that csd2docbook now wraps the xml in
>       ... but csd2docbook2 does not do the same?
>       And if
>       so which?
>
>       ==John ffitch

SubjectRe: [Csnd-dev] csd2dcbook/csd2docbook2

I agree with your suggestions.  You are correct about refsect.

Thanks,
Mike

On Nov 6, 2016 11:24 AM, "Francois PINOT" <fggpinot@gmail.com> wrote:
[...]

Date2016-11-07 14:25
FromFrancois PINOT
SubjectRe: [Csnd-dev] csd2dcbook/csd2docbook2
I finally refactored csd2docbook.py to use ctcsound instead of cnsd6, and I updated the file 'opcode_list.txt' used by csd2docbook2.py. Furthermore, csd2docbook.py and csd2docbook2.py can now be run under Python 2.x and Python 3.x as well.

François