[Csnd-dev] build error

Date2016-10-21 19:14
Fromjpff
Subject[Csnd-dev] build error
Could be

-- USE_OPEN_MP is disabled.
-- GIT: /home/jpff/csound6/git
CMake Error at CMakeLists.txt:607 (string):
  string sub-command STRIP requires two arguments.

-- HASH:
-- SCORE PARSER being built.
-- Not building with new parser debugging.
-- Building with multicore support.

SubjectRe: [Csnd-dev] build error
yes, that was me, but it builds here; could be to do with the path to GIT.
Try pulling it again, I think Steven might have protected it.
========================
Dr Victor Lazzarini
Dean of Arts, Celtic Studies and Philosophy,
Maynooth University,
Maynooth, Co Kildare, Ireland
Tel: 00 353 7086936
Fax: 00 353 1 7086952

> On 21 Oct 2016, at 19:14, jpff  wrote:
>
> Could be
>
> -- USE_OPEN_MP is disabled.
> -- GIT: /home/jpff/csound6/git
> CMake Error at CMakeLists.txt:607 (string):
>  string sub-command STRIP requires two arguments.
>
> -- HASH:
> -- SCORE PARSER being built.
> -- Not building with new parser debugging.
> -- Building with multicore support.

Date2016-10-21 19:52
FromJohn ff
SubjectRe: [Csnd-dev] build error
It is up to date.  I suspect cmake version.  I have 3.0.2

Sent from TypeApp

On 21 Oct 2016, at 19:14, jpff <jpff@codemist.co.uk> wrote:

Could be

-- USE_OPEN_MP is disabled.
-- GIT: /home/jpff/csound6/git
CMake Error at CMakeLists.txt:607 (string):
string sub-command STRIP requires two arguments.

-- HASH:
-- SCORE PARSER b eing built.
-- Not building with new parser debugging.
-- Building with multicore support.

==John ffitch

Date2016-10-21 20:01
Fromjpff
SubjectRe: [Csnd-dev] build error
PS If I comment out the STRIP line it builds.  Very odd as it has two
arguments

On Fri, 21 Oct 2016, John ff wrote:

> It is up to date.  I suspect cmake version.  I have 3.0.2
>

> Sent from TypeApp
>
> On 21 Oct 2016, at 19:44, Victor Lazzarini  wrote:
>
> yes, that was me, but it builds here; could be to do with the path to GIT.
> Try pulling it again, I think Steven might have protected it.
> ========================
> Dr Victor Lazzarini
> Dean of Arts, Celtic Studies and Philosophy,
> Maynooth University,
> Maynooth, Co Kildare, Ireland
> Tel: 00 353 7086936
> Fax: 00 353 1 7086952
>  On 21 Oct 2016, at 19:14, jpff  wrote:
>
>  Could be
>
>  -- USE_OPEN_MP is disabled.
>  -- GIT: /home/jpff/csound6/git
>  CMake Error at CMakeLists.txt:607 (string):
>   string sub-command STRIP requires two arguments.
>
>  -- HASH:
>  -- SCORE PARSER being built.
>  -- Not building with new parser debugging.
>  -- Building with multicore support.
>

>  ==John ffitch

SubjectRe: [Csnd-dev] build error
It's odd that it found:

/home/jpff/csound6/git

as the git executable.  My guess from the CMake code is that it is
trying to run:

/home/jpff/csound6/git rev-parse HEAD

If you run the above on the commandline, does it give a result?

On Fri, Oct 21, 2016 at 2:52 PM, John ff  wrote:
> It is up to date.  I suspect cmake version.  I have 3.0.2
>

> Sent from TypeApp
>
> On 21 Oct 2016, at 19:44, Victor Lazzarini  wrote:
>>
>> yes, that was me, but it builds here; could be to do with the path to GIT.
>> Try pulling it again, I think Steven might have protected it.
>> ========================
>> Dr Victor Lazzarini
>> Dean of Arts, Celtic Studies and Philosophy,
>> Maynooth University,
>> Maynooth, Co Kildare, Ireland
>> Tel: 00 353 7086936
>> Fax: 00 353 1 7086952
>>

>>>  On 21 Oct 2016, at 19:14, jpff  wrote:
>>>
>>>  Could be
>>>
>>>  -- USE_OPEN_MP is disabled.
>>>  -- GIT: /home/jpff/csound6/git
>>>  CMake Error at CMakeLists.txt:607 (string):
>>>   string sub-command STRIP requires two arguments.
>>>
>>>  -- HASH:
>>>  -- SCORE PARSER being built.
>>>  -- Not building with new parser debugging.
>>>  -- Building with multicore support.

Date2016-10-21 20:05
Fromjpff
SubjectRe: [Csnd-dev] build error
Actually buids but make test fails in testCsoundOrdComile

Date2016-10-21 20:11
Fromjpff
SubjectRe: [Csnd-dev] build error
birtwistle:~/csound6> /home/jpff/csound6/git rev-parse HEAD

CORRECT>/home/jpff/csound6/.git rev-parse HEAD (y|n|e|a)? no
/home/jpff/csound6/git: Permission denied.
birtwistle:~/csound6>

I tought it looked for executables

birtwistle:~/csound6> whereis git
git: /usr/bin/git /usr/lib/git
/home/jpff/Sourceforge/csound/New/csound6/git /usr/share/man/man1/git.1.gz

birtwistle:~/csound6> which git

SubjectRe: [Csnd-dev] build error
So it appears the code I wrote is somehow doing something strange with
that "CORRECT" thing in your shell trying to change the call to "git"
to ".git".  The code I put into Cmake is:

find_program(GIT_EXE "git" "/usr/bin")

which, I would have thought would have sought to look for /usr/bin/git
first. Could you try this instead:

find_program(GIT_EXE "git" NAMES "/usr/bin/git")

That seems to also work here on Windows, and maybe it the right way to do this.

On Fri, Oct 21, 2016 at 3:11 PM, jpff  wrote:
> birtwistle:~/csound6> /home/jpff/csound6/git rev-parse HEAD
>
> CORRECT>/home/jpff/csound6/.git rev-parse HEAD (y|n|e|a)? no
> /home/jpff/csound6/git: Permission denied.
> birtwistle:~/csound6>
>
> I tought it looked for executables
>
> birtwistle:~/csound6> whereis git
> git: /usr/bin/git /usr/lib/git /home/jpff/Sourceforge/csound/New/csound6/git
> /usr/share/man/man1/git.1.gz
>

> birtwistle:~/csound6> which git

Date2016-10-21 20:39
Fromjpff
On Fri, 21 Oct 2016, Steven Yi wrote:

> So it appears the code I wrote is somehow doing something strange with
> that "CORRECT" thing in your shell trying to change the call to "git"
> to ".git".  The code I put into Cmake is:
>
> find_program(GIT_EXE "git" "/usr/bin")
>
> which, I would have thought would have sought to look for /usr/bin/git
> first. Could you try this instead:
>
> find_program(GIT_EXE "git" NAMES "/usr/bin/git")
>
> That seems to also work here on Windows, and maybe it the right way to do this.

That builds as it did with Victor's original version, but no commit
hash now

Perhaps I need o rebuid sound.c/muson.c

Date2016-10-21 20:43
Fromjpff
SubjectRe: [Csnd-dev] build error
Correction; I still have

-- GIT: /home/jpff/csound6/git

SubjectRe: [Csnd-dev] build error
Ah, one thing to double check, try deleting GIT_EXE from your
CMakeCache.txt, as it may be using the cached version from previous
runs.  If it is the same result after that, then maybe we can try a
different plan of attack.

On Fri, Oct 21, 2016 at 3:43 PM, jpff  wrote:
> Correction; I still have
>
> -- GIT: /home/jpff/csound6/git

Date2016-10-21 20:57
Fromjpff
SubjectRe: [Csnd-dev] build error
Deleted cace, and now reports

-- USE_OPEN_MP is disabled.
-- GIT:
-- SCORE PARSER being built.

which lookswrong and now it build butt anounces

--Csound version 6.08 (double samples) Oct 21 2016
[commit: GIT_HASH_VALUE]

and
1/0Victor's ersion worked
2) make tesr fails

On Fri, 21 Oct 2016, Steven Yi wrote:

> Ah, one thing to double check, try deleting GIT_EXE from your
> CMakeCache.txt, as it may be using the cached version from previous
> runs.  If it is the same result after that, then maybe we can try a
> different plan of attack.
>
> On Fri, Oct 21, 2016 at 3:43 PM, jpff  wrote:
>> Correction; I still have
>>
>> -- GIT: /home/jpff/csound6/git
>>
>> and no hash printed

SubjectRe: [Csnd-dev] build error
Well, Victor's version did not work on Windows, which is why I put in
the change; just need to figure out what will work on all platforms
now.  I can't access Github here still which is making this not easy
to do anything about as I don't have the latest on my Linux
computers/VMs.

Also, what is the make test failure?  Is it related to this issue?

On Fri, Oct 21, 2016 at 3:57 PM, jpff  wrote:
> Deleted cace, and now reports

> -- USE_OPEN_MP is disabled.
> -- GIT:
> -- SCORE PARSER being built.
>
> which lookswrong and now it build butt anounces
>
> --Csound version 6.08 (double samples) Oct 21 2016
> [commit: GIT_HASH_VALUE]
>
> and
> 1/0Victor's ersion worked
> 2) make tesr fails
>

> On Fri, 21 Oct 2016, Steven Yi wrote:
>
>> Ah, one thing to double check, try deleting GIT_EXE from your
>> CMakeCache.txt, as it may be using the cached version from previous
>> runs.  If it is the same result after that, then maybe we can try a
>> different plan of attack.
>>
>> On Fri, Oct 21, 2016 at 3:43 PM, jpff  wrote:
>>>
>>> Correction; I still have
>>>
>>> -- GIT: /home/jpff/csound6/git
>>>
>>> and no hash printed

SubjectRe: [Csnd-dev] build error
BTW, I'm still not sure what's the correct way to do this is; could
you try deleting the cache entry again and using this:

find_program(GIT_EXE git /usr/bin)

(no quoted strings)

On Fri, Oct 21, 2016 at 4:04 PM, Steven Yi  wrote:
> Well, Victor's version did not work on Windows, which is why I put in
> the change; just need to figure out what will work on all platforms
> now.  I can't access Github here still which is making this not easy
> to do anything about as I don't have the latest on my Linux
> computers/VMs.
>
> Also, what is the make test failure?  Is it related to this issue?
>
> On Fri, Oct 21, 2016 at 3:57 PM, jpff  wrote:
>> Deleted cace, and now reports

>> -- USE_OPEN_MP is disabled.
>> -- GIT:
>> -- SCORE PARSER being built.
>>
>> which lookswrong and now it build butt anounces
>>
>> --Csound version 6.08 (double samples) Oct 21 2016
>> [commit: GIT_HASH_VALUE]
>>
>> and
>> 1/0Victor's ersion worked
>> 2) make tesr fails
>>

>> On Fri, 21 Oct 2016, Steven Yi wrote:
>>
>>> Ah, one thing to double check, try deleting GIT_EXE from your
>>> CMakeCache.txt, as it may be using the cached version from previous
>>> runs.  If it is the same result after that, then maybe we can try a
>>> different plan of attack.

Date2016-10-21 21:18
FromGuillermo Senna
SubjectRe: [Csnd-dev] build error
Hi Steven,

No idea what is the problem you're trying to solve, but would a .zip of
the latest version of Github help you? Can you reach Google Drive?

On 21/10/16 17:04, Steven Yi wrote:
> Well, Victor's version did not work on Windows, which is why I put in
> the change; just need to figure out what will work on all platforms
> now.  I can't access Github here still which is making this not easy
> to do anything about as I don't have the latest on my Linux
> computers/VMs.
>
> Also, what is the make test failure?  Is it related to this issue?
>
> On Fri, Oct 21, 2016 at 3:57 PM, jpff  wrote:
>> Deleted cace, and now reports

>> -- USE_OPEN_MP is disabled.
>> -- GIT:
>> -- SCORE PARSER being built.
>>
>> which lookswrong and now it build butt anounces
>>
>> --Csound version 6.08 (double samples) Oct 21 2016
>> [commit: GIT_HASH_VALUE]
>>
>> and
>> 1/0Victor's ersion worked
>> 2) make tesr fails
>>

>> On Fri, 21 Oct 2016, Steven Yi wrote:
>>
>>> Ah, one thing to double check, try deleting GIT_EXE from your
>>> CMakeCache.txt, as it may be using the cached version from previous
>>> runs.  If it is the same result after that, then maybe we can try a
>>> different plan of attack.

Date2016-10-21 21:26
Fromjpff
SubjectRe: [Csnd-dev] build error
No  idea wat te test failure is but it appears to eiter hang or compute
for ever

birtwistle:~/csound6> make test
Running tests...
/usr/bin/ctest --force-new-ctest-process
Test project /home/jpff/csound6
       Start  1: testCsoundTypeSystem
  1/11 Test  #1: testCsoundTypeSystem .............   Passed    0.28 sec
       Start  2: testCsoundMessageBuffer
  2/11 Test  #2: testCsoundMessageBuffer ..........   Passed    0.04 sec
       Start  3: testCsoundOrcSemantics
  3/11 Test  #3: testCsoundOrcSemantics ...........   Passed    0.29 sec
       Start  4: testCsoundOrcCompileTest
^CMakefile:130: recipe for target 'test' failed
make: *** [test] Interrupt

andstandaloe

birtwistle:~/csound6/tests/c> testCsoundOrcCompileTest

      CUnit - A unit testing framework for C - Version 2.1-3
      http://cunit.sourceforge.net/

Suite: csound_orc_compile function tests
   Test: Test argsRequired ...passed
   Test: Test splitArgs ...virtual_keyboard real time MIDI plugin for
Csound
WARNING: STK opcodes not available: define environment variable
RAWWAVE_PATH
(points to rawwaves directory) to use STK opcodes.
0dBFS level = 32768.0
--Csound version 6.08 (double samples) Oct 21 2016
[commit: GIT_HASH_VALUE]
libsndfile-1.0.27pre1
end of score.              overall amps:      0.0
            overall samples out of range:        0
0 errors in performance
Elapsed time at end of performance: real: 0.000s, CPU: 0.000s
passed
   Test: Test Compilation ...virtual_keyboard real time MIDI plugin for
Csound
WARNING: STK opcodes not available: define environment variable
RAWWAVE_PATH
(points to rawwaves directory) to use STK opcodes.
0dBFS level = 32768.0
--Csound version 6.08 (double samples) Oct 21 2016
[commit: GIT_HASH_VALUE]
libsndfile-1.0.27pre1
Reading options from $HOME/.csound6rc
Reading options from local directory .csound6rc
rtaudio: pulseaudio module enabled
rtmidi: ALSA Raw MIDI module enabled
WARNING: STK opcodes not available: define environment variable
RAWWAVE_PATH
(points to rawwaves directory) to use STK opcodes.
graphics suppressed, ascii substituted
0dBFS level = 32768.0
orch now loaded
audio buffered in 256 sample-frame blocks
PulseAudio output server: default
pulseaudio output open
writing 256 sample blks of 64-bit floats to dac
SECTION 1:
new alloc for instr 1:
^CCsound tidy up: Interrupt

On Fri, 21 Oct 2016, Steven Yi wrote:

> Well, Victor's version did not work on Windows, which is why I put in
> the change; just need to figure out what will work on all platforms
> now.  I can't access Github here still which is making this not easy
> to do anything about as I don't have the latest on my Linux
> computers/VMs.
>
> Also, what is the make test failure?  Is it related to this issue?

SubjectRe: [Csnd-dev] build error
Hi Guillermo,

Thanks but I don't think it's that drastic a scenario yet; hopefully
the DNS DDOS attacks end soon.  Worst case, I could do some noodling
to sync to USB to do testing on other systems.

That reminded me that I have my VM setup to share folders with my
Windows system.  Using Debian, I tried using:

find_program(GIT_EXE git /usr/bin)

and it correctly found "/usr/bin/git" as GIT_EXE here.  I also tried
by adding a .git folder where I did my build and it still found
/usr/bin/git.

I'm not sure then what should happen next.

steven

On Fri, Oct 21, 2016 at 4:18 PM, Guillermo Senna  wrote:
> Hi Steven,
>
> No idea what is the problem you're trying to solve, but would a .zip of
> the latest version of Github help you? Can you reach Google Drive?
>

> On 21/10/16 17:04, Steven Yi wrote:
>> Well, Victor's version did not work on Windows, which is why I put in
>> the change; just need to figure out what will work on all platforms
>> now.  I can't access Github here still which is making this not easy
>> to do anything about as I don't have the latest on my Linux
>> computers/VMs.
>>
>> Also, what is the make test failure?  Is it related to this issue?
>>
>> On Fri, Oct 21, 2016 at 3:57 PM, jpff  wrote:
>>> Deleted cace, and now reports

>>> -- USE_OPEN_MP is disabled.
>>> -- GIT:
>>> -- SCORE PARSER being built.
>>>
>>> which lookswrong and now it build butt anounces
>>>
>>> --Csound version 6.08 (double samples) Oct 21 2016
>>> [commit: GIT_HASH_VALUE]
>>>
>>> and
>>> 1/0Victor's ersion worked
>>> 2) make tesr fails

Date2016-10-21 21:35
Fromjpff
SubjectRe: [Csnd-dev] build error
No change

-- GIT: /home/jpff/csound6/git
-- HASH:

Time to start cookinng  so time to can it tonigt

On Fri, 21 Oct 2016, Steven Yi wrote:

> BTW, I'm still not sure what's the correct way to do this is; could
> you try deleting the cache entry again and using this:
>
> find_program(GIT_EXE git /usr/bin)
>
> (no quoted strings)

SubjectRe: [Csnd-dev] build error
BTW: github looks to be accessible now here. I pushed a change to use
the non-quoted git and /usr/bin to CMake.

On Fri, Oct 21, 2016 at 4:32 PM, Steven Yi  wrote:
> Hi Guillermo,
>
> Thanks but I don't think it's that drastic a scenario yet; hopefully
> the DNS DDOS attacks end soon.  Worst case, I could do some noodling
> to sync to USB to do testing on other systems.
>
> That reminded me that I have my VM setup to share folders with my
> Windows system.  Using Debian, I tried using:
>
> find_program(GIT_EXE git /usr/bin)
>
> and it correctly found "/usr/bin/git" as GIT_EXE here.  I also tried
> by adding a .git folder where I did my build and it still found
> /usr/bin/git.
>
> I'm not sure then what should happen next.
>
> steven
>
> On Fri, Oct 21, 2016 at 4:18 PM, Guillermo Senna  wrote:
>> Hi Steven,
>>
>> No idea what is the problem you're trying to solve, but would a .zip of
>> the latest version of Github help you? Can you reach Google Drive?
>>

>> On 21/10/16 17:04, Steven Yi wrote:
>>> Well, Victor's version did not work on Windows, which is why I put in
>>> the change; just need to figure out what will work on all platforms
>>> now.  I can't access Github here still which is making this not easy
>>> to do anything about as I don't have the latest on my Linux
>>> computers/VMs.
>>>
>>> Also, what is the make test failure?  Is it related to this issue?

SubjectRe: [Csnd-dev] build error
What shell are you using?

BTW: I've pushed one more change:

find_program(GIT_EXE git PATHS /usr/bin /usr/local/bin NO_DEFAULT_PATH)
find_program(GIT_EXE git /usr/bin)

This works on Windows and Debian here.  It *should* force a search in
/usr/bin and /usr/local/bin first.

On Fri, Oct 21, 2016 at 4:35 PM, jpff  wrote:
> No change
>
> -- GIT: /home/jpff/csound6/git
> -- HASH:
>
> Time to start cookinng  so time to can it tonigt
>

> On Fri, 21 Oct 2016, Steven Yi wrote:
>
>> BTW, I'm still not sure what's the correct way to do this is; could
>> you try deleting the cache entry again and using this:
>>
>> find_program(GIT_EXE git /usr/bin)
>>
>> (no quoted strings)

Date2016-10-21 22:05
FromJohn ff
SubjectRe: [Csnd-dev] build error
As always I use tcsh

Sent from TypeApp

On Fri, Oct 21, 2016 at 4:35 PM, jpff <jpff@codemist.co.uk> wrote:
No change

-- GIT: /home/jpff/csound6/git
-- HASH:

Time to start cookinng so time to can it tonigt

On Fri, 21 Oct 2016, Steven Yi wrote:

BTW, I'm still not sure what's the correct way to do this is; could
you try deleting the cache entry again and using this:

find_program(GIT_EXE git /usr/bin)

(no quoted strings)

SubjectRe: [Csnd-dev] build error
Steven, are you happy with the commit message addition? Do we need to add
other info? If you’re happy we should close the issue.
========================
Dr Victor Lazzarini
Dean of Arts, Celtic Studies and Philosophy,
Maynooth University,
Maynooth, Co Kildare, Ireland
Tel: 00 353 7086936
Fax: 00 353 1 7086952

> On 21 Oct 2016, at 21:47, Steven Yi  wrote:
>
> What shell are you using?
>
> BTW: I've pushed one more change:
>
> find_program(GIT_EXE git PATHS /usr/bin /usr/local/bin NO_DEFAULT_PATH)
> find_program(GIT_EXE git /usr/bin)
>
> This works on Windows and Debian here.  It *should* force a search in
> /usr/bin and /usr/local/bin first.
>
> On Fri, Oct 21, 2016 at 4:35 PM, jpff  wrote:
>> No change
>>
>> -- GIT: /home/jpff/csound6/git
>> -- HASH:
>>
>> Time to start cookinng  so time to can it tonigt
>>

>> On Fri, 21 Oct 2016, Steven Yi wrote:
>>
>>> BTW, I'm still not sure what's the correct way to do this is; could
>>> you try deleting the cache entry again and using this:
>>>
>>> find_program(GIT_EXE git /usr/bin)

Date2016-10-21 22:11
FromJohn ff
SubjectRe: [Csnd-dev] build error
When it worked it was fine!

Sent from TypeApp

On 21 Oct 2016, at 21:47, Steven Yi <stevenyi@GMAIL.COM> wrote:

What shell are you using?

BTW: I've pushed one more change:

find_program(GIT_EXE git PATHS /usr/bin /usr/local/bin NO_DEFAULT_PATH)
find_program(GIT_EXE git /usr/bin)

This works on Windows and De bian here. It *should* force a search in
/usr/bin and /usr/local/bin first.

On Fri, Oct 21, 2016 at 4:35 PM, jpff <jpff@codemist.co.uk> wrote:
No change

-- GIT: /home/jpff/csound6/git
-- HASH:

Time to start cookinng so time to can it tonigt

On Fri, 21 Oct 2016, Steven Yi wrote:

BTW, I'm still not sure what's the correct way to do this is; could
you try deleting the cache entry again and using this:

find_program(GIT_EXE git /usr/bin)

(no quoted strings)

SubjectRe: [Csnd-dev] build error
I'm happy with it, but I am concerned why this isn't working on John's
computer.  (Have you tried the last commit I put in John?  With care
to clear the cache entry for GIT_EXE?)

I can run cmake and it is passing now for me on Windows and Debian. On
Debian, I even went and installed tcsh, deleted the entry for GIT_EXE,
and ran cmake with success.

Not much more I can think of trying as I can not reproduce this issue now.

On Fri, Oct 21, 2016 at 5:11 PM, John ff  wrote:
> When it worked it was fine!
>

> Sent from TypeApp
>
> On 21 Oct 2016, at 22:08, Victor Lazzarini  wrote:
>>
>> Steven, are you happy with the commit message addition? Do we need to add
>> other info? If you’re happy we should close the issue.
>> ========================
>> Dr Victor Lazzarini
>> Dean of Arts, Celtic Studies and Philosophy,
>> Maynooth University,
>> Maynooth, Co Kildare, Ireland
>> Tel: 00 353 7086936
>> Fax: 00 353 1 7086952
>>

>>>  On 21 Oct 2016, at 21:47, Steven Yi  wrote:
>>>
>>>  What shell are you using?
>>>
>>>  BTW: I've pushed one more change:
>>>
>>>  find_program(GIT_EXE git PATHS /usr/bin /usr/local/bin NO_DEFAULT_PATH)
>>>  find_program(GIT_EXE git /usr/bin)
>>>
>>>  This works on Windows and Debian here.  It *should* force a search in
>>>  /usr/bin and /usr/local/bin first.

SubjectRe: [Csnd-dev] build error
Would it be because he has his git command in an unusual place (it’s not finding it)?

========================
Dr Victor Lazzarini
Dean of Arts, Celtic Studies and Philosophy,
Maynooth University,
Maynooth, Co Kildare, Ireland
Tel: 00 353 7086936
Fax: 00 353 1 7086952

> On 21 Oct 2016, at 22:23, Steven Yi  wrote:
>
> I'm happy with it, but I am concerned why this isn't working on John's
> computer.  (Have you tried the last commit I put in John?  With care
> to clear the cache entry for GIT_EXE?)
>
> I can run cmake and it is passing now for me on Windows and Debian. On
> Debian, I even went and installed tcsh, deleted the entry for GIT_EXE,
> and ran cmake with success.
>
> Not much more I can think of trying as I can not reproduce this issue now.
>
> On Fri, Oct 21, 2016 at 5:11 PM, John ff  wrote:
>> When it worked it was fine!
>>

>> Sent from TypeApp
>>
>> On 21 Oct 2016, at 22:08, Victor Lazzarini  wrote:
>>>
>>> Steven, are you happy with the commit message addition? Do we need to add
>>> other info? If you’re happy we should close the issue.
>>> ========================
>>> Dr Victor Lazzarini
>>> Dean of Arts, Celtic Studies and Philosophy,
>>> Maynooth University,
>>> Maynooth, Co Kildare, Ireland
>>> Tel: 00 353 7086936
>>> Fax: 00 353 1 7086952

Subject[Csnd-dev] [OT] maybe this was the matter
https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2016/oct/21/ddos-attack-dyn-internet-denial-service

All the trouble with github and travis… possibly this?
========================
Dr Victor Lazzarini
Dean of Arts, Celtic Studies and Philosophy,
Maynooth University,
Maynooth, Co Kildare, Ireland
Tel: 00 353 7086936
Fax: 00 353 1 7086952

> On 21 Oct 2016, at 22:23, Steven Yi  wrote:
>
> I'm happy with it, but I am concerned why this isn't working on John's
> computer.  (Have you tried the last commit I put in John?  With care
> to clear the cache entry for GIT_EXE?)
>
> I can run cmake and it is passing now for me on Windows and Debian. On
> Debian, I even went and installed tcsh, deleted the entry for GIT_EXE,
> and ran cmake with success.
>
> Not much more I can think of trying as I can not reproduce this issue now.
>
> On Fri, Oct 21, 2016 at 5:11 PM, John ff  wrote:
>> When it worked it was fine!
>>

>> Sent from TypeApp
>>
>> On 21 Oct 2016, at 22:08, Victor Lazzarini  wrote:
>>>
>>> Steven, are you happy with the commit message addition? Do we need to add
>>> other info? If you’re happy we should close the issue.
>>> ========================
>>> Dr Victor Lazzarini
>>> Dean of Arts, Celtic Studies and Philosophy,
>>> Maynooth University,
>>> Maynooth, Co Kildare, Ireland
>>> Tel: 00 353 7086936
>>> Fax: 00 353 1 7086952

SubjectRe: [Csnd-dev] build error
>From what I understand, Cmake is detecting "git" within the current
folder as mapping to the ".git" folder, assuming John's doing an
in-place build. The information given shows "CORRECT" as a kind of
auto-correction when trying to run on the commandline.  Then the
command tries to run ".git rev-parse HEAD" which would be
non-sensical.

The latest I pushed tries to force searching for git in /usr/bin and
/usr/local before doing a standard search, which I assumes looks
within the local folder.

John's "which git" shows /usr/bin/git.  We need to get the Cmake
detection stuff to favor that first, which I think the last push
should do.  However, I have no idea what is causing .git to be found
as git on his system.

There's one more thing we can do which is to restart and revert to the
code before my fix for Windows, then modify to check if the GIT_HASH
wasn't found, to try to do the code I added with the search for
GIT_EXE.

John: could you reply if the last change works or not?  If not, we can
try this last strategy.

On Fri, Oct 21, 2016 at 5:28 PM, Victor Lazzarini
 wrote:
> Would it be because he has his git command in an unusual place (it’s not finding it)?
>
> ========================
> Dr Victor Lazzarini
> Dean of Arts, Celtic Studies and Philosophy,
> Maynooth University,
> Maynooth, Co Kildare, Ireland
> Tel: 00 353 7086936
> Fax: 00 353 1 7086952
>

>> On 21 Oct 2016, at 22:23, Steven Yi  wrote:
>>
>> I'm happy with it, but I am concerned why this isn't working on John's
>> computer.  (Have you tried the last commit I put in John?  With care
>> to clear the cache entry for GIT_EXE?)
>>
>> I can run cmake and it is passing now for me on Windows and Debian. On
>> Debian, I even went and installed tcsh, deleted the entry for GIT_EXE,
>> and ran cmake with success.
>>
>> Not much more I can think of trying as I can not reproduce this issue now.
>>
>> On Fri, Oct 21, 2016 at 5:11 PM, John ff  wrote:
>>> When it worked it was fine!
>>>

>>> Sent from TypeApp

SubjectRe: [Csnd-dev] [OT] maybe this was the matter
Yes, this was the DDOS I was talking about and what prevented access
to GitHub and other sites for me here.

On Fri, Oct 21, 2016 at 5:33 PM, Victor Lazzarini
 wrote:
> https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2016/oct/21/ddos-attack-dyn-internet-denial-service
>
> All the trouble with github and travis… possibly this?
> ========================
> Dr Victor Lazzarini
> Dean of Arts, Celtic Studies and Philosophy,
> Maynooth University,
> Maynooth, Co Kildare, Ireland
> Tel: 00 353 7086936
> Fax: 00 353 1 7086952
>

>> On 21 Oct 2016, at 22:23, Steven Yi  wrote:
>>
>> I'm happy with it, but I am concerned why this isn't working on John's
>> computer.  (Have you tried the last commit I put in John?  With care
>> to clear the cache entry for GIT_EXE?)
>>
>> I can run cmake and it is passing now for me on Windows and Debian. On
>> Debian, I even went and installed tcsh, deleted the entry for GIT_EXE,
>> and ran cmake with success.
>>
>> Not much more I can think of trying as I can not reproduce this issue now.
>>
>> On Fri, Oct 21, 2016 at 5:11 PM, John ff  wrote:
>>> When it worked it was fine!
>>>

>>> Sent from TypeApp

Date2016-10-21 22:38
FromFelipe Sateler
SubjectRe: [Csnd-dev] build error
Maybe john has '.' (the current directory) in PATH ?

--

Saludos,