[Csnd-dev] aft release notes for 6.28

Date2022-09-02 14:41
FromJohn
Subject[Csnd-dev] aft release notes for 6.28
Lots missing or not understood.  I would appreciate help from other
developers; especially wasm changes.
==John ffitch

# CSOUND VERSION 6.18 RELEASE NOTES

Mainly a bug-fixing release.  Major new facility is MP3 (MPEG) audio
files are supported both for input and output.

-- The Developers

## USER-LEVEL CHANGES

### New opcodes

- scanmap reads internal state of scanu

### New gen

### Orchestra

-

### Score

### Modified Opcodes and Gens

-     fix midi list printing to stdout part of the list

### Utilities

-

### Frontends

## Bugs Fixed

- bug in sum fixed

- 'pitchamd' opcode causes segmentation fault (macOS) (#1599)

- fixed crash on channel setting with empty channel name

- bug in ftloadk fixed (#1611)

- qnan works even when compiled with fast arithmetic

# SYSTEM LEVEL CHANGES

### System Changes

-  AuHAL module was not working properly for -odac (8 channels) (#1613)

-  Csound now supports MP3 files for input and output

### Translations

### API

### External Plugin Code

### Platform Specific

May changes to Bela csound.  See bela web site or details

==END==

scommit 162977998a8ca81f4963ecda3d1a3bfccafa08ad
Merge: b016904e2 ed56e6d47
Author: vlazzarini
Date:   Wed Aug 24 14:11:06 2022 +0100

    reverted changes in timeinstk and timeinsts; fixed order of .k and .i in times and timek; provided two sets of opcodes elapsedcycles, elapsedtime and eventcycles and eventtime which act like timek, times, timeinstk and timeinsts but return the correct values instead of being one cycle late

Author: Victor Lazzarini
Date:   Wed Jul 6 13:04:26 2022 +0100

    fixing code

commit 66cd7a78e6b38824812037d323c6ecd85805da8c
Author: Hlöðver Sigurðsson
Date:   Mon Apr 18 22:28:43 2022 +0200

    fix sampleRate for single-thread worklet

Author: vlazzarini
Date:   Fri Apr 15 18:02:38 2022 +0100

SubjectRe: [Csnd-dev] [EXTERNAL] [Csnd-dev] aft release notes for 6.28
My commits:

commit 5b26278a48917a7d851a0e54a5e82d30fa1ce214

Fixes the rtauhal module for all cases of multichannel output. Previously the module would not work correctly with
 some devices.

commit  035648df16cb7bbd01f2cba36cdbd15f5d5271c2

Fixes the flanger opcode for sample-accurate mode, where the xdel input was not being correctly offset.

commit 162977998a8ca81f4963ecda3d1a3bfccafa08ad

This is a PR by Eduardo, adding four new opcodes:
 elapsedcycles, elapsedtime and eventcycles and eventtime

(btw, I realised two things: 1) 6.x is bugfix mode so new opcodes should only be added to 7.0; 2) these opcodes
are not in 7.0 either. Too late for enforcing 1, though.)

> On 2 Sept 2022, at 14:41, John  wrote:
>
> *Warning*
>
> This email originated from outside of Maynooth University's Mail System. Do not reply, click links or open attachments unless you recognise the sender and know the content is safe.
>
> Lots missing or not understood.  I would appreciate help from other
> developers; especially wasm changes.
> ==John ffitch
>
> # CSOUND VERSION 6.18 RELEASE NOTES
>
> Mainly a bug-fixing release.  Major new facility is MP3 (MPEG) audio
> files are supported both for input and output.
>
> -- The Developers
>
> ## USER-LEVEL CHANGES
>
> ### New opcodes
>
> - scanmap reads internal state of scanu
>
> ### New gen
>
> ### Orchestra
>
> -
>
> ### Score

> ### Modified Opcodes and Gens
>
> -     fix midi list printing to stdout part of the list
>
> ### Utilities
>
> -
>
> ### Frontends
>

> ## Bugs Fixed
>
> - bug in sum fixed
>
> - 'pitchamd' opcode causes segmentation fault (macOS) (#1599)
>
> - fixed crash on channel setting with empty channel name
>
> - bug in ftloadk fixed (#1611)
>
> - qnan works even when compiled with fast arithmetic
>
> # SYSTEM LEVEL CHANGES
>
> ### System Changes
>
> -  AuHAL module was not working properly for -odac (8 channels) (#1613)
>
> -  Csound now supports MP3 files for input and output
>
> ### Translations
>
> ### API
>

> ### External Plugin Code
>

> ### Platform Specific
>
> May changes to Bela csound.  See bela web site or details
>
> ==END==

> scommit 162977998a8ca81f4963ecda3d1a3bfccafa08ad
> Merge: b016904e2 ed56e6d47
> Author: vlazzarini
> Date:   Wed Aug 24 14:11:06 2022 +0100
>
>    reverted changes in timeinstk and timeinsts; fixed order of .k and .i in times and timek; provided two sets of opcodes elapsedcycles, elapsedtime and eventcycles and eventtime which act like timek, times, timeinstk and timeinsts but return the correct values instead of being one cycle late
>
> Author: Victor Lazzarini
> Date:   Wed Jul 6 13:04:26 2022 +0100
>
>    fixing code
>

> commit 66cd7a78e6b38824812037d323c6ecd85805da8c
> Author: Hlöðver Sigurðsson
> Date:   Mon Apr 18 22:28:43 2022 +0200
>
>    fix sampleRate for single-thread worklet
>
> Author: vlazzarini
> Date:   Fri Apr 15 18:02:38 2022 +010

Date2022-09-02 16:31
FromEduardo Moguillansky
On 02.09.22 16:32, Victor Lazzarini wrote:
> My commits:
>
> commit 5b26278a48917a7d851a0e54a5e82d30fa1ce214
>
> Fixes the rtauhal module for all cases of multichannel output. Previously the module would not work correctly with
>   some devices.
>
> commit  035648df16cb7bbd01f2cba36cdbd15f5d5271c2
>
> Fixes the flanger opcode for sample-accurate mode, where the xdel input was not being correctly offset.
>
> commit 162977998a8ca81f4963ecda3d1a3bfccafa08ad
>
> This is a PR by Eduardo, adding four new opcodes:
>   elapsedcycles, elapsedtime and eventcycles and eventtime
>
> (btw, I realised two things: 1) 6.x is bugfix mode so new opcodes should only be added to 7.0; 2) these opcodes
> are not in 7.0 either. Too late for enforcing 1, though.)

These are not new opcodes actually, they are bug-fixes of previous
opcodes but with new names to avoid breaking backwards compatibility.

I am personally not very keen on contributing if the work will not see
the light of day until the release of csound 7. If this is the case I
would kindly ask to revert the PR so these opcodes can be added as
external opcodes.

cheers, Eduardo