[Csnd-dev] AppVeyor build failures

Subject[Csnd-dev] AppVeyor build failures
The AppVeyor build has been failing for some time now.

I don't think this is related to my work on removing static variables
from various opcodes, which now builds and passes tests locally on
Linux for me.

The error seems rather to be in the build configuration:

cho "Redistributable runtime libraries:"
"Redistributable runtime libraries:"
dir /B /S "%VCREDIST_CRT_DIR%"
Command exited with code 1
APPVEYOR_SAVE_CACHE_ON_ERROR is set to 'true' - cache will be updated
Updating build cache...
Cache 'C:\Tools\vcpkg' - Calculating dependencies checksum...Error
calculating dependencies CRC for C:\Tools\vcpkg: Error calculating
CRC32 for C:\projects\csound\msvc\downloadDependencies.ps1: The system
cannot find the path specified
Cache entry not found: C:\projects\csound\msvc\cache

I will look at appveyor.yaml and the AppVeyor host configuration...

Regards,

FromStephen Kyne
SubjectRe: [Csnd-dev] AppVeyor build failures
The caching is broken for appveyor it seems. I'm not sure we should save on error (APPVEYOR_SAVE_CACHE_ON_ERROR). That should be removed or at least we need to rebuild the cache so it doesn't fail on restoring it like it's doing now.

The build time is hitting an hour as well which will also cause it to fail. Need to split out the builds into separate repos/appveyor instances I'd say.

Stephen

[...]

Could save time using pre-built CsoundQt; HDF5 opcodes will likely
break if cache is cleared as 1.8.19 is no longer available from FTP
(as found in downloadDependencies.ps1).

On Wed, Dec 13, 2017 at 6:06 PM, Stephen Kyne  wrote:
> The caching is broken for appveyor it seems. I'm not sure we should save on
> error (APPVEYOR_SAVE_CACHE_ON_ERROR). That should be removed or at least we
> need to rebuild the cache so it doesn't fail on restoring it like it's doing
> now.
>
> The build time is hitting an hour as well which will also cause it to fail.
> Need to split out the builds into separate repos/appveyor instances I'd say.
>
> Stephen

I have updated the directories for the MSVC redistributables that we
pack into our installer. The build is now moving past where it used to
fail.

Regards,