[Csnd-dev] 32-bit build with ctcsound 2008ish OS X

Date2018-10-10 12:21
From"Worrall, David"
Subject[Csnd-dev] 32-bit build with ctcsound 2008ish OS X

Hi All,

I realize this is hardly a ‘development’ issue, but that someone on this list will be the font of all knowledge on these matters.

I have a student with a 2008ish OS X machine, running python 3. The csound v 6.11 .dmg doesn’t run, so suspect is a 3 bit OS.

I’ve searched unsuccessfully for a 32-bit .dmg that hopefully runs with ctcsound.

The older versions repository on csounds.com doesn’t list 32/64 bit distinctions on the .dmg.

Am I missing something?

Does anyone have a solution/suggestion to this dilemma?

Thanks,

David

---

Prof David Worrall, PhD

Audio Arts and Acoustics

Columbia College Chicago

33 E Congress Pkwy Room 601N

Chicago, ILLINOIS, USA 60605

Tel: (1)312.369.8821 Fax: (1)312.369.8427

Wikipedia: David Worrall

Personal research/creative practice website: avatar.com.au

President, International Community for Auditory Display icad.org

SubjectRe: [Csnd-dev] 32-bit build with ctcsound 2008ish OS X
When you say it doesn’t run, what do you mean exactly?

Csound has a universal build and so should work on both 32 and 64 bit machines. But it needs a more
recent OSX (I think 10.7 is the earliest but that might have changed).

best
Maynooth University,
Maynooth, Co Kildare, Ireland
Tel: 00 353 7086936
Fax: 00 353 1 7086952

> On 10 Oct 2018, at 12:21, Worrall, David  wrote:
>
> Hi All,
> I realize this is hardly a ‘development’ issue, but that someone on this list will be the font of all knowledge on these matters.
>
> I have a student with a 2008ish OS X machine, running python 3. The csound v 6.11 .dmg doesn’t run, so suspect is a 3 bit OS.
> I’ve searched unsuccessfully for a 32-bit .dmg that hopefully runs with ctcsound.
> The older versions repository on csounds.com doesn’t list 32/64 bit distinctions on the .dmg.
> Am I missing something?
>
> Does anyone have a solution/suggestion to this dilemma?
>
> Thanks,
> David
>
> ---
> Prof David Worrall, PhD
> Audio Arts and Acoustics
> Columbia College Chicago
> 33 E Congress Pkwy Room 601N
> Chicago, ILLINOIS, USA 60605
> Tel: (1)312.369.8821 Fax: (1)312.369.8427
> Wikipedia: David Worrall
> Personal research/creative practice website: avatar.com.au
> President, International Comm

Date2018-10-10 15:26
From"Worrall, David"
SubjectRe: [Csnd-dev] 32-bit build with ctcsound 2008ish OS X

Hi Victor,

Thanks for your rapid response.

I saw the error briefly on passing – it looked something like ‘couldn’t find 64 bit library.

Sorry to be vague at on point.

I will ascertain see whether it is the version of the OS that’s causing the problem.

If not,  I’ll collate the errors, and in any case, will report back.

Cheers,

David

---

From: Csound-developers <CSOUND-DEV@LISTSERV.HEANET.IE> on behalf of Victor Lazzarini <Victor.Lazzarini@MU.IE>
Date: Wednesday, October 10, 2018 at 6:44 AM
To: "CSOUND-DEV@LISTSERV.HEANET.IE" <CSOUND-DEV@LISTSERV.HEANET.IE>
Subject: Re: [Csnd-dev] 32-bit build with ctcsound 2008ish OS X

On 10 Oct 2018, at 12:21, Worrall, David <dworrall@COLUM.EDU> wrote:

[...]

If it is looking for a 64bit library, then the machine should be 64bit. I’ll wait to hear.
Maynooth University,
Maynooth, Co Kildare, Ireland
Tel: 00 353 7086936
Fax: 00 353 1 7086952

> On 10 Oct 2018, at 15:26, Worrall, David  wrote:
>
> Hi Victor,
>
> Thanks for your rapid response.
> I saw the error briefly on passing – it looked something like ‘couldn’t find 64 bit library.
> Sorry to be vague at on point.
>
> I will ascertain see whether it is the version of the OS that’s causing the problem.
> If not,  I’ll collate the errors, and in any case, will report back.
>
> Cheers,
> David
> ---
>
> Prof David Worrall, PhD
>
> Audio Arts and Acoustics
>
> Columbia College Chicago
>
> 33 E Congress Pkwy Room 601N
>
> Chicago, ILLINOIS, USA 60605
>
> Tel: (1)312.369.8821 Fax: (1)312.369.8427
>
> Wikipedia: David Worrall
> Personal research/creative practice website: avatar.com.au
> President, International Community for Auditory Display icad.org
>

> From: Csound-developers  on behalf of Victor Lazzarini
> Date: Wednesday, October 10, 2018 at 6:44 AM
> To: "CSOUND-DEV@LISTSERV.HEANET.IE"
> Subject: Re: [Csnd-dev] 32-bit build with ctcsound 2008ish OS X
>

> When you say it doesn’t run, what do you mean exactly?
>

> Csound has a universal build and so should work on both 32 and 64 bit machines. But it needs a more
>
> recent OSX (I think 10.7 is the earliest but that might have changed).
>

> best
>
> ========================

> Maynooth University,
>
> Maynooth, Co Kildare, Ireland
>
> Tel: 00 353 7086936
>
> Fax: 00 353 1 7086952
>

>> On 10 Oct 2018, at 12:21, Worrall, David  wrote:
>>
>> Hi All,
>>
>> I realize this is hardly a ‘development’ issue, but that someone on this list will be the font of all knowledge on these matters.
>>

>> I have a student with a 2008ish OS X machine, running python 3. The csound v 6.11 .dmg doesn’t run, so suspect is a 3 bit OS.
>>
>> I’ve searched unsuccessfully for a 32-bit .dmg that hopefully runs with ctcsound.
>>
>> The older versions repository on csounds.com doesn’t list 32/64 bit distinctions on the .dmg.
>>
>> Am I missing something?
>>

>> Does anyone have a solution/suggestion to this dilemma?
>>

>> Thanks,
>>
>> David
>>

>> ---
>>
>> Prof David Worrall, PhD
>>
>> Audio Arts and Acoustics
>>
>> Columbia College Chicago
>>
>> 33 E Congress Pkwy Room 601N
>>
>> Chicago, ILLINOIS, USA 60605
>>
>> Tel: (1)312.369.8821 Fax: (1)312.369.8427
>>
>> Wikipedia: David Worrall
>>
>> Personal research/creative practice website: avatar.com.au
>>
>> President, International Community for Audito

Date2018-10-14 23:39
From"Worrall, David"
SubjectRe: [Csnd-dev] 32-bit build with ctcsound 2008ish OS X

Hi Folks,

Sorry for the delay. Recalcitrant student….

The error on instantiation of the latest .dmg on an OS X Yosemite, Version 10.10.5

WARNING: could not open library '/Library/Frameworks/CsoundLib64.framework/Versions/6.0/Resources/Opcodes64/libfluidOpcodes.dylib' (-1)

Any clues?

Thanks,

David

---