[Csnd-dev] Suppressing printing

Date2022-09-05 17:56
FromJohn
Subject[Csnd-dev] Suppressing printing
Is there  way to suppress all printing except explicit print/printarray
statements in the orchestra? I can suppress everything with -m16 but I
want to be able to see certain values as the sound evolves.  In
particular my printing is getting lost in the rtevent lines

Date2022-09-05 18:02
FromDave Seidel
SubjectRe: [Csnd-dev] Suppressing printing
I would like to br able to suppress rtevent lines as well. I don't find them useful, at least not thus far.

On Mon, Sep 5, 2022 at 12:56 PM John <jpff@codemist.co.uk> wrote:
Is there  way to suppress all printing except explicit print/printarray
statements in the orchestra? I can suppress everything with -m16 but I
want to be able to see certain values as the sound evolves.  In
particular my printing is getting lost in the rtevent lines
==John ffitch

SubjectRe: [Csnd-dev] [EXTERNAL] [Csnd-dev] Suppressing printing
I thought -m16 was supposed to suppress everything except the print opcodes. Maybe it needs fixing?
What is getting through?

> On 5 Sept 2022, at 17:56, John  wrote:
>
> *Warning*
>
> This email originated from outside of Maynooth University's Mail System. Do not reply, click links or open attachments unless you recognise the sender and know the content is safe.
>
> Is there  way to suppress all printing except explicit print/printarray
> statements in the orchestra? I can suppress everything with -m16 but I
> want to be able to see certain values as the sound evolves.  In
> particular my printing is getting lost in the rtevent lines

Date2022-09-06 12:06
FromJohn ff
SubjectRe: [Csnd-dev] [EXTERNAL] [Csnd-dev] Suppressing printing
-m16 stops all printing.  I think -m0 works well enough.