[Csnd-dev] ftgen...

Date2017-11-06 22:21
FromRory Walsh
Subject[Csnd-dev] ftgen...
Just a quick query, if one calls ftgen with the same table number time and time again, does it simply overwrite the previous tables contents, or does it free up that memory and allocate space for a new table?

Date2017-11-07 00:42
FromGuillermo Senna
SubjectRe: [Csnd-dev] ftgen...

If I'm not mistaken, if the requested length is the same it just memsets the table to zero. Otherwise, Free and then Calloc.

Since we are asking the devs, what's 'csound->actanchor.nxtact'? Number of active instrument instances in the next cycle or something like that?

On 06/11/17 19:21, Rory Walsh wrote:
Just a quick query, if one calls ftgen with the same table number time and
time again, does it simply overwrite the previous tables contents, or does
it free up that memory and allocate space for a new table?

SubjectRe: [Csnd-dev] ftgen...
Off the top of my head, yes. Free only on resize.

And the other question, it is a linked list
of active instances (again off the top of
my head).

Would you like to join the dev team?

Victor Lazzarini

On 7 Nov 2017, at 00:42, Guillermo Senna <gsenna@GMAIL.COM> wrote:

If I'm not mistaken, if the requested length is the same it just memsets the table to zero. Otherwise, Free and then Calloc.

Since we are asking the devs, what's 'csound->actanchor.nxtact'? Number of active instrument instances in the next cycle or something like that?

On 06/11/17 19:21, Rory Walsh wrote:
Just a quick query, if one calls ftgen with the same table number time and
time again, does it simply overwrite the previous tables contents, or does
it free up that memory and allocate space for a new table?

Date2017-11-07 17:44
FromGuillermo Senna
SubjectRe: [Csnd-dev] ftgen...
That explains the warning message in ftalloc().

Thanks for the offer, Victor. But I don't think I'm there yet regarding
the skill level. For the moment being I'll try to give back to the
community with the online course and the online installer. Thanks to
Steven and the Qt project the work that is needed is going to be more
about adapting what's been already done than anything else. I feel more
comfortable doing that right now than writing or fixing C code.

Thanks again. Cheers.